Accelerated Piano Lab™
A New Approach to Piano Lessons
Accelerated Piano Lab is an innovative approach to music education that teaches independent practice skills and accelerates achievement. Lab students move faster through their music, are better at practicing, and are more self-sufficient learners. For most beginning to intermediate students, it’s the best way to learn. Watch Kay explain it in our 90 second video!
How it Works
Three to five students work separately at their pianos with headphones, alternating between interacting with the teacher and independent learning. The lab is compatible with any curriculum, preferred method or repertoire. Each student’s progress is completely separate and independent from everyone else. In addition to their regular curriculum books, Lab students work from Musicologie's proprietary Lab curriculum which fills learning gaps and makes drilling scales and technique fun!
Why Students AND Parents Love Accelerated Piano Lab
Lab has been shown to dramatically improve a student’s sight reading skills. This is the biggest skill that students need in order to learn music quickly.
Students move through their books faster.
Students learn more music each week.
Includes proven practice techniques so home practice is all about review and increasing speed.
Less tedium = more fun at home.
Minimizes the parent's need to supervise practice at home. Fewer battles about practicing and just more fun!
"My kids love the experience of the Accelerated Piano Lab. The longer stretch of time allows them to receive detailed guidance from their teacher as they explore new concepts. This foundation sends them into a week of practicing with an elevated level of confidence in working on new skills. They also love the benefit of learning alongside other students. The communal setting is fun and motivating as they face new musical challenges!"
- Kara, Musicologie Mom since 2016
"I knew my kids were ready for hour-long weekly lessons, but I didn't know how we'd ever make that work from a scheduling standpoint. Now, all three of my boys can take lessons at the same time, and we're in and out in an hour. Total game changer!"
- Marisa, Musicologie Mom since 2015
Ready to do this?
Frequently Asked Questions About Accelerated Piano Lab
- How does Accelerated Piano Lab work?
- Why does it work?
- Who is APL right for?
- How do we get started?
- Will my child have the same time and teacher each week?
- What if we need to miss a class?
- Does the student receive less time with the teacher than they would in private lessons?
- What if I need to cancel my APL membership?
1. Better sight reading: There’s time for sight reading practice during class and students are pushed to be more independent in learning new songs.
2. More time for supplementary material like warmups and scales, games and composition because of the longer class time. Yay!
3. Improved muscular learning: Students are assigned pieces to work on at home that they already worked on in the Lab. This means that they’ll be spending the whole week rehearsing something they already know with their brain and learning it deeply with their fingers. And strong muscular learning (aka “muscle memory”) is a huge part of how future music-reading becomes easier and more fun!