One-on-One Music Lessons at Musicologie
Private music lessons are hands down the best way to learn an instrument and we offer them online and in-person. If you’re passionate and have a little bit of elbow grease, you’ll be playing or singing your favorite music in no time. Sign up for a first lesson or read on to learn more about lessons work at Musicologie.
Instruments We Teach
How Our Music Lessons Work
Lessons are weekly one-on-one sessions with a teacher specifically matched to you or your child based on your experience and goals. We offer both live online lessons and in-person lessons at our studios. Our teachers are experts at introducing young students to music, helping middle and high school students succeed in juries and competitions, or even helping professionals hone their craft.
The Lesson Membership
When you sign up, you’ll purchase a lesson membership, which is a flat fee billed on the 1st of each month. We recommend 30-minute weekly private lessons for young beginners and hourly long weekly lessons for advanced players and adults. The lesson membership includes:
- A weekly lesson time – in person or online – reserved with an expert teacher
- Unlimited rescheduling with 24 hours notice – made easy with our scheduling app
- Two annual concerts
Ready to Start Learning?
Answer a few questions below and we'll schedule an assessment lesson
The experience is EXCELLENT!
- Niccole, Musicologie Mom since 2013
The first step is to introduce yourself and help us get to know you. You can do that by filling out our get started form. We’ll talk briefly about what you want to achieve and then we’ll schedule a 30 minute assessment lesson. At the assessment, you’ll meet your teacher, who will go over your goals and develop a personal curriculum for you. We know that your relationship with your teacher is the most important thing about lessons and we work hard to make sure it’s right from the beginning. A 30-minute assessment is $32. After the assessment, you’ll sign up for ongoing weekly lessons. Most are 30 minutes, but some students do 45 minute or hour long lessons. All ongoing lessons are reserved for you on the same day and time each week with the same teacher. You’ll also be able to attend optional group classes, performances and open practice.
We now offer online lessons! If you want to do online lessons from the comfort of your home (or boat or RV or campsite or vacation rental) you can! Our teachers all offer online lessons in addition to in-person lessons. In fact, you can seamlessly transition between them. For instance, if you typically do in-person lessons at a studio and are going to be out of town for a week, just switch your lesson to an online lesson with your usual teacher on our scheduling app and keep learning! Check out our tips for getting the most out of your online lessons.
Classes for Infants and Toddlers
Our program for infants and toddlers called Musicologie Junior offers a group class experience for little ones and their adults. Studies show that early exposure to music can help brain development, social skills, and motor function. Musicologie Junior is an exciting way to make music with your little one while helping prepare them for private lessons by introducing notes, rhythms and melodies through fun songs and stories.
Now available online! We now have on demand videos so you can sing, dance and learn with your tiny musical human anytime! Watch now for free >>
Frequently Asked Questions About Lessons
- What is Your Teaching Philosophy?
- What Curriculum Do You Use?
- What Ages Do You Teach?
- Do I Need My Own Instrument?
- How Do I Sign Up For Lessons?
- What's An Assessment Lesson?
- What's a Lesson Membership?
- What Are Your Prices?
- What If I Can't Come to a Lesson?
- What If I Start in the Middle of a Month?
- How Do I Pay For Lessons?
- How Do I Withdraw From Lessons?
- If I Withdraw Will My Teacher Be Available When I Return?
- What's Your Refund Policy?
Performing is encouraged as a way to develop your skill, but it's always optional.
If you do have your own instrument, you should definitely bring it with you, as long as it's easily portable - leave your piano and drums at home 🙂
- A weekly lesson scheduled at the same day and time with the same teacher - 30, 45 or 60 minutes long
- Unlimited rescheduling with 24 hour cancellation notice
- Free select group classes
- Open practice hours
- Biannual Concerts
30-minute meekly lessons (best for kids and beginners): $138/month
60-minute weekly lessons (best for adults and advanced students): $274/month
- To reschedule your lesson, you must first cancel your regular weekly lesson online at least 24hrs before the lesson
- Reschedule online using the ‘Reschedule a Lesson’ tab in your account or app
- You can reschedule no more than 2 weeks in advance
- You may reschedule with your primary teacher, or a different teacher, or even a different instrument
- Rescheduled lessons are always subject to teacher availability and are not guaranteed