- Musicologie Westerville
Musicologie Nominated for Best Music Instruction in ColumbusAugust 3, 2020
For the FIFTH year in a row, Musicologie has been nominated for best music instruction in Columbus by Columbus Parents ... read more
Musicologie Westerville Welcomes Ellen Losey!July 30, 2020
Meet Musicologie Westerville's newest voice and beginning piano instructor, Ellen! With previous experience working with choirs and teaching private lessons, ... read more
Jazz Academy Vocal Workshop!July 21, 2020
Hey Musicologie family and friends! Jazz Arts Group is doing an online vocal jazz workshop August 3-7, 10:00am - 12:30pm ... read more
Student Feature: MaxJuly 20, 2020
Meet Max! Max is a piano student who studies with Thomas here at our Westerville location. He's made a lot ... read more
Welcome to Our Westerville Lesson Studio
Musicologie is the fastest growing and largest music school in Columbus. We specialize in private, one-on-one lessons for all ages. We know how important a great teacher is to your musical journey. At our premiere music lessons studio in Westerville, we match each student to a specific teacher to make sure you have a great experience learning your instrument right from the start.
Get started now >>
Our Westerville Music Programs
Private Lessons for Kids
Kids learn best when they’re having fun. Our curriculum combines music your child is interested in, while also giving them the fundamental technique and theory they need. We start private lessons at about 5 years old. If you’re not sure where to start, piano is a great instrument that teaches lots of musical basics. Our flexible program allows your child to switch instruments or teachers if their interest changes.
What to Expect
30 minute weekly lesson time. We’ll match your child to a teacher and get started with a curriculum based on age and interests. We recommend you sit in on the lesson with your child for the first few weeks so you know what they’re learning and how you can help at home. Get started here.
Instruments We Teach in Westerville
Piano is a great instrument to start your musical journey. Because it’s visual and linear, it’s the simplest way to learn the building blocks of music. For young beginners, we usually recommend piano as a starting place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Musicologie Westerville
- What is Your Teaching Philosophy?
- What Curriculum Do You Use?
- What Ages Do You Teach?
- Do I Need My Own Instrument?
- How Do I Sign Up For Lessons?
- What's An Assessment Lesson?
- What's a Lesson Membership?
- What Are Your Prices?
- What If I Can't Come to a Lesson?
- What If I Start in the Middle of a Month?
- How Do I Pay For Lessons?
- How Do I Withdraw From Lessons?
- If I Withdraw Will My Teacher Be Available When I Return?
- What's Your Refund Policy?
Performing is encouraged as a way to develop your skill, but it's always optional.
If you do have your own instrument, you should definitely bring it with you, as long as it's easily portable - leave your piano and drums at home 🙂
- A weekly lesson scheduled at the same day and time with the same teacher - 30, 45 or 60 minutes long
- Unlimited rescheduling with 24 hour cancellation notice
- Free select group classes
- Open practice hours
- Biannual Concerts
30-minute meekly lessons (best for kids and beginners): $138/month
60-minute weekly lessons (best for adults and advanced students): $274/month
- To reschedule your lesson, you must first cancel your regular weekly lesson online at least 24hrs before the lesson
- Reschedule online using the ‘Reschedule a Lesson’ tab in your account or app
- You can reschedule no more than 2 weeks in advance
- You may reschedule with your primary teacher, or a different teacher, or even a different instrument
- Rescheduled lessons are always subject to teacher availability and are not guaranteed