Musicologie Nominated for Best Music Instruction in ColumbusAugust 3, 2020
For the FIFTH year in a row, Musicologie has been nominated for best music instruction in Columbus by Columbus Parents ... read more
What It’s Like to Be A Black Small Business OwnerJuly 26, 2020
What is it like being a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) small business owner? So many things, but ... read more
Jazz Academy Vocal Workshop!July 21, 2020
Hey Musicologie family and friends! Jazz Arts Group is doing an online vocal jazz workshop August 3-7, 10:00am - 12:30pm ... read more
Teacher Feature: Hannah BullockJuly 20, 2020
This week we're featuring the multi-talented vocalist, pedagogue, pianist, and voice actress, Hannah Bullock! Hannah completed her Master of Music ... read more
Get to Know Our Lewis Center Music School
Musicologie is the largest and fastest growing music school in Ohio. We understand how important a great teacher is to your musical journey. When you take music lessons with us in Lewis Center we match each student to a specific teacher to make sure you have a great experience learning your instrument right from the start.
Lewis Center’s #1 Music Lessons Studio
Musicologie has more than 236(!) verified five-star reviews and recommendations on Google, Facebook, Yelp and more.
Community Manager Justin Swain has Masters degrees in both Vocal Performance and Vocal Pedagogy from OSU where he was awarded “Most Outstanding Graduate Associate”.
Meet the Musicologie App
We make scheduling simple.
Sick kid? Reschedule with a few taps. Can't get out of the house? Switch from in person to online. Need a change of pace? Try a new instrument.
Our Music Programs in Lewis Center
- Music Classes for Toddlers
- Music Lessons for Kids
- Music Lessons for Adults
Musicologie Junior is a group class for toddlers and their parents, guardians or caretakers. At each 40 minute class, we’ll sing songs, move our bodies, dance to different styles of music, read sing-along books, and play lots of musical instruments while your child reinforces her naturally-developing senses of rhythm, melody, rhyme, speech, and movement! We’ll incorporate methods from Kodaly, Dalcroze, and Orff. Ages 0-5.
What to Expect
A 40 minute weekly class focused on experiential learning and introducing basic music concepts. Try your first class free >>
Instruments We Teach in Lewis Center
Piano is a great instrument to start your musical journey. Because it’s visual and linear, it’s the simplest way to learn the building blocks of music. For young beginners, we usually recommend piano as a starting place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Musicologie Lewis Center
- What is Your Teaching Philosophy?
- What Curriculum Do You Use?
- What Ages Do You Teach?
- Do I Need My Own Instrument?
- How Do I Sign Up For Lessons?
- What's An Assessment Lesson?
- What's a Lesson Membership?
- What Are Your Prices?
- What If I Can't Come to a Lesson?
- What If I Start in the Middle of a Month?
- How Do I Pay For Lessons?
- How Do I Withdraw From Lessons?
- If I Withdraw Will My Teacher Be Available When I Return?
- What's Your Refund Policy?
Performing is encouraged as a way to develop your skill, but it's always optional.
If you do have your own instrument, you should definitely bring it with you, as long as it's easily portable - leave your piano and drums at home 🙂
- A weekly lesson scheduled at the same day and time with the same teacher - 30, 45 or 60 minutes long
- Unlimited rescheduling with 24 hour cancellation notice
- Free select group classes
- Open practice hours
- Biannual Concerts
30-minute meekly lessons (best for kids and beginners): $138/month
60-minute weekly lessons (best for adults and advanced students): $274/month
- To reschedule your lesson, you must first cancel your regular weekly lesson online at least 24hrs before the lesson
- Reschedule online using the ‘Reschedule a Lesson’ tab in your account or app
- You can reschedule no more than 2 weeks in advance
- You may reschedule with your primary teacher, or a different teacher, or even a different instrument
- Rescheduled lessons are always subject to teacher availability and are not guaranteed