Musicologie Nominated for Best Music Instruction in ColumbusAugust 3, 2020
For the FIFTH year in a row, Musicologie has been nominated for best music instruction in Columbus by Columbus Parents ... read more
Jazz Academy Vocal Workshop!July 21, 2020
Hey Musicologie family and friends! Jazz Arts Group is doing an online vocal jazz workshop August 3-7, 10:00am - 12:30pm ... read more
Teacher Feature: Matt PattiJuly 17, 2020
Matt Patti is an absolute treasure of our Grandview location. A vocalist and pianist hailing from Dublin, Ohio, Matt holds ... read more
Composition and Arrangement Class!July 11, 2020
Group Class Time: Wednesday, July 15th, 6:30pm We want to hear your songs! In this class led by Nick Terelle ... read more
Welcome to Musicologie in Grandview Heights
Musicologie is the largest and fastest growing music school in Columbus. We understand how important a great teacher is to your musical journey. At our premiere music lessons studio in Grandview we match each student to a specific teacher to make sure you have a great experience learning your instrument right from the start.
Plan Your Visit
Grandview is an urban neighborhood and parking can be a challenge. Please download our parking map here before you arrive. We have three spaces next to our building – just look for the alley across the street from Snap Fitness. There is also free street parking on 3rd Ave, Morning Ave, and Sunrise Ave. Plan to spend a few extra minutes parking and getting settled your first visit.
Our Grandview Music Programs
Musicologie Junior is a group class for toddlers and their parents, guardians or caretakers. At each 40 minute class, we’ll sing songs, move our bodies, dance to different styles of music, read sing-along books, and play lots of musical instruments while your child reinforces her naturally-developing senses of rhythm, melody, rhyme, speech, and movement! We’ll incorporate methods from Kodaly, Dalcroze, and Orff. Ages 0-5.
What to Expect
A 40 minute weekly class focused on experiential learning and introducing basic music concepts.
Instruments We Teach in Grandview
Piano is a great instrument to start your musical journey. Because it’s visual and linear, it’s the simplest way to learn the building blocks of music. For young beginners, we usually recommend piano as a starting place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Musicologie Grandview
- What is Your Teaching Philosophy?
- What Curriculum Do You Use?
- What Ages Do You Teach?
- Do I Need My Own Instrument?
- How Do I Sign Up For Lessons?
- What's An Assessment Lesson?
- What's a Lesson Membership?
- What Are Your Prices?
- What If I Can't Come to a Lesson?
- What If I Start in the Middle of a Month?
- How Do I Pay For Lessons?
- How Do I Withdraw From Lessons?
- If I Withdraw Will My Teacher Be Available When I Return?
- What's Your Refund Policy?
Performing is encouraged as a way to develop your skill, but it's always optional.
If you do have your own instrument, you should definitely bring it with you, as long as it's easily portable - leave your piano and drums at home 🙂
- A weekly lesson scheduled at the same day and time with the same teacher - 30, 45 or 60 minutes long
- Unlimited rescheduling with 24 hour cancellation notice
- Free select group classes
- Open practice hours
- Biannual Concerts
30-minute meekly lessons (best for kids and beginners): $138/month
60-minute weekly lessons (best for adults and advanced students): $274/month
- To reschedule your lesson, you must first cancel your regular weekly lesson online at least 24hrs before the lesson
- Reschedule online using the ‘Reschedule a Lesson’ tab in your account or app
- You can reschedule no more than 2 weeks in advance
- You may reschedule with your primary teacher, or a different teacher, or even a different instrument
- Rescheduled lessons are always subject to teacher availability and are not guaranteed
Our Grandview Music Teachers and Instructors
This is somewhere that people of all ages and skill levels can come and feel welcomed. The teachers are all masters of their craft, often found performing around the city. They are great with everyone — kids, adults, beginners and those looking to further themselves.