Musicologie Voted Best Music InstructionOctober 15, 2020
Musicologie has won Best in Music Instruction in Columbus Parent Magazine Family Faves reader survey for the fifth year in ... read more
Musicologie Cleveland Heights Opens in Partnership with Longtime Local Studio OwnersSeptember 9, 2020
CLEVELAND, September 1, 2020 - Musicologie Cleveland Heights opens September 1, 2020 at 3473 Fairmount Boulevard, the latest venture for ... read more
Musicologie Nominated for Best Music Instruction in ColumbusAugust 3, 2020
For the FIFTH year in a row, Musicologie has been nominated for best music instruction in Columbus by Columbus Parents ... read more
Jazz Academy Vocal Workshop!July 21, 2020
Hey Musicologie family and friends! Jazz Arts Group is doing an online vocal jazz workshop August 3-7, 10:00am - 12:30pm ... read more
Get to Know Our Cleveland Heights Music School
Musicologie is the largest and fastest growing music school in Ohio. Our Cleveland Heights school is owned by Kevin and Pat Richards, who have been staples of the Cleveland Heights music community for decades. Kevin started Fairmount School of Music in 1988 and he and Pat now run Musicologie Cleveland Heights with an amazing team of neighborhood music teachers.
Cleveland Height’s #1 Music Lessons Studio
Musicologie has more than 236(!) verified five-star reviews and recommendations on Google, Facebook, Yelp and more.
Our Music Programs in Shaker Heights
- Music Classes for Toddlers
- Music Lessons for Kids
- Music Lessons for Adults
Musicologie Junior is a group class for toddlers and their parents, guardians or caretakers. At each 40 minute class, we’ll sing songs, move our bodies, dance to different styles of music, read sing-along books, and play lots of musical instruments while your child reinforces her naturally-developing senses of rhythm, melody, rhyme, speech, and movement! We’ll incorporate methods from Kodaly, Dalcroze, and Orff. Ages 0-5.
What to Expect
A 40 minute weekly class focused on experiential learning and introducing basic music concepts. Try your first class free >>
Instruments We Teach in Shaker Heights
Piano is a great instrument to start your musical journey. Because it’s visual and linear, it’s the simplest way to learn the building blocks of music. For young beginners, we usually recommend piano as a starting place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Musicologie Cleveland Heights
- What is Your Teaching Philosophy?
- What Curriculum Do You Use?
- What Ages Do You Teach?
- Do I Need My Own Instrument?
- How Do I Sign Up For Lessons?
- What's An Assessment Lesson?
- What's a Lesson Membership?
- What Are Your Prices?
- What If I Can't Come to a Lesson?
- What If I Start in the Middle of a Month?
- How Do I Pay For Lessons?
- How Do I Withdraw From Lessons?
- If I Withdraw Will My Teacher Be Available When I Return?
- What's Your Refund Policy?
Performing is encouraged as a way to develop your skill, but it's always optional.
If you do have your own instrument, you should definitely bring it with you, as long as it's easily portable - leave your piano and drums at home 🙂
- A weekly lesson scheduled at the same day and time with the same teacher - 30, 45 or 60 minutes long
- Unlimited rescheduling with 24 hour cancellation notice
- Free select group classes
- Open practice hours
- Biannual Concerts
30-minute meekly lessons (best for kids and beginners): $138/month
60-minute weekly lessons (best for adults and advanced students): $274/month
- To reschedule your lesson, you must first cancel your regular weekly lesson online at least 24hrs before the lesson
- Reschedule online using the ‘Reschedule a Lesson’ tab in your account or app
- You can reschedule no more than 2 weeks in advance
- You may reschedule with your primary teacher, or a different teacher, or even a different instrument
- Rescheduled lessons are always subject to teacher availability and are not guaranteed