Franchisee Training and Support
How we train and support our franchisees
How Our Franchisee Training Works
We're educators first. We love helping people learn how to do hard things. We do it every day in our music lessons. Our approach with franchisees is no different. It is our responsibility to deliver the effective and fun training necessary for our franchisees to own and operate successful Musicologie studios. Repetition and habit building is key to continued forward progress. Our franchisees are never done learning new things about their business, their teams, and themselves. And we're never done updating our systems and process, and teaching and coaching our franchisees.
Our training program is divided into four categories:
- Online Pre-training. As soon as you sign your franchise agreement, we send you a series of online training courses. These courses are designed to familiarize you with Musicologie's culture, offerings, curricula, and operations.
- In-Person Training. We'll invite you to spend a week at our home office in Columbus for in-person training. Every business, regardless of the product or service, has three core functions: Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Operations. We'll take you through each one the Musicologie way, with specifics like site selection and construction, and attracting and retaining teachers. You'll work directly with founders Joseph and Kay to understand every aspect of your new Musicologie business.
- Opening Training. When your Musicologie is ready to open, we'll come to your studio for the grand opening and help you make sure everyone's performance is stellar.
- Continuous Coaching. The opening of your Musicologie is not the end, it's the beginning! We'll have weekly touch points where we'll discuss KPIs, curricula updates, new marketing initiatives, and help you continuously tweak your approach for success in your market. You'll have access to our whole community of operators in our internal chat channels to ask for advice and help. You and your teachers are encouraged to attend our monthly teacher roundtables to address curricula questions and learn from seasoned Musicologie teachers.
A weekly owner touchpoint on Zoom. Matching shirt optional 😉
What Does Musicologie's Support Look Like?
Our job is to develop and continually updates the systems and processes needed to deliver Simply Delightful Music Lessons, and provide training and ongoing support for those systems and processes. Here's an overview of the elements of support we provide our franchisees:
- Online courses: Musicologie 101, Community Manager Training, MyMusicologie Training, Teacher Training, Programs training for Junior, Labs and RockStars
- In-person/zoom training: Finances, Sales & Marketing, Operations
- Manuals and Playbooks: 300+ pages of operations manuals and articles on everything from coaching a teacher to how to run a table event, to how to set up a PA system to how to find a social ambassador, site construction, marketing plans, and more
- Continued support/training: weekly owner and CM meeting, Slack community for all questions: operations, customer service, technology, teacher management, etc
- MyMusicologie: our proprietary software, scheduling, billing, staff, student and KPI management
- Complete social media management software system
- Email marketing software with templates and automation
- Applicant recruitment and tracking software with prebuilt templates
- Website with local search engine optimized pages
- Customizable marketing templates/flyers and merch
- Payroll support
- Quickbooks chart of account set up
Teacher Recruitment and Training
- Search engine optimized recruitment pages on musicologie.com
- Job posting templates, onboarding documents
- Interview questions with what to look for and red flags
- Audition pieces and guides for individual instruments
- Teacher review process to maintain performance standards
- Teacher coaching process for an underperforming teacher
- Certification Program that encourages continuing education and mentor/mentee relationships between teachers
- Monthly roundtables for teachers on specific teaching topics
- SEO strategy and content, optimized for local studios
- Complete digital ad management through our vendor
- Maintain brand social media presence on instagram and facebook
- Create and maintain customizable templates for flyers and social posts.
- Brand portal for merchandise, curricula and physical marketing materials
- Ongoing marketing calendar
- 120 day launch plan
- Playbooks for local events, local social media, B2B partnerships and local PR
Real Estate and Construction
- Demographic and site analysis
- Playbook detailing real estate standards, buildout, equipment, decor, furniture and fixtures
- Lease rider
- LOI template
- Playbooks and training for all programs
- RockStars curricula
- Musicologie Junior - 100 weeks of class plans
- Accelerated Labs - lesson books, games and supplemental materials
- Instrument-specific recommended curriculum - many instruments already have a number of good curricula available (Alfred’s for piano, for example) with teachers who know and use them. We vet these curricula and provide a list of recommended curricula that teachers must choose from
Recent News and Articles
Personal Services (Like Music Lessons) Lead the Pack in Franchise Expansion
Why Musicologie is a Ground Floor Opportunity for Multi-Unit Franchisees
Music Lessons Franchise Founder, Kay Barker, Featured in Spectrum Business
Local Music School Launches Franchise System