Q. What is Musicologie’s philosophy?
Music is a critical part of human experience. It enriches everyone’s life and can be taught and enjoyed at any age. We believe in nurturing the innate curiosity that everyone in born with, empowering our students to achieve their musical goals. Learning music makes life more enjoyable. It can be a relaxing break from busy life. For young beginners, including infants and toddlers, it’s an important component of emotional and mental development. Music is truly for everyone, at every level of playing or singing, and we want to help you make music a deeper part of your life.
Q. How Do I Sign Up For Lessons?
You can sign up anytime. Click the Get Started button in the menu above and introduce yourself. We’ll match you with a teacher and find a time that works for ongoing lessons. The first lesson is called an assessment lesson.
Q. What’s an Assessment Lesson?
Don’t worry, it’s not a test! It’s just what we call your first lesson. You’ll come in, meet your teacher, talk about your goals, go through our policies and develop an individual curriculum. Every student does it regardless of age or ability. For young students, an assessment is also a chance to see if they’re ready for private lessons.
Q. How Much are Lessons?
We have a number of pricing options, including our Lessons Membership, Lesson Packs and even Senior Teacher rates. Get started here to let us know about you and what you’re looking for and we’ll find a plan that works for you.
Q. Do You Offer Make-ups For Missed Lessons?
Yes, here’s how it works:
- To qualify for a make-up lesson, you must cancel your lesson online at least 24hrs before your lesson
- Reschedule online using the ‘Make-up Lessons’ tab in your account
- You can schedule no more than 2 weeks in advance
- You may schedule with your primary teacher, or a different teacher, or even a different instrument
- Make-ups never expire as long as you are enrolled
- Make-ups are always subject to teacher availability and are not guaranteed
Q. Can I Do Lessons Every Other Week?
We do not offer bi-weekly lessons. If you absolutely can’t do weekly lessons, you should buy a Lesson Pack.
Q. What if I Start in the Middle of a Month?
You will be charged a prorated amount for the remaining days in the month and then you’ll go into our automated system and be billed on the 1st of each month for the upcoming month.
Q. How do I pay for lessons?
If you purchase a Lesson Membership, you will have your credit card, debit card, or checking account automatically debited each month on the 1st of the month for upcoming lessons in that month. To withdraw, you need to provide us with 30-days notice by filling out a withdrawal form. Contact your teacher for the form.
Q. What is a Lesson Membership?
A Lesson Membership is what the vast majority of our students sign up for. With a Lesson Membership you get:
- A weekly lesson scheduled at the same day and time with the same teacher
- Unlimited make-up lessons with 24 hour cancellation notice
- Free group classes
- Open practice hours
Q. What is a Lesson Pack?
A Lesson Pack is a group of lessons purchased in advance and scheduled one at a time online. This is recommended for students who only want occasional lessons, for instance an adult who travels frequently. There are a few important things to note about Packs:
- Lessons are scheduled online, no more than two weeks in advance
- A specific day, time or teacher is NOT guaranteed.
- Lessons are subject to teacher availability
- If you want a guaranteed lesson day, time and teacher, you should sign up for ongoing weekly lessons with a Lesson Membership
Q. How Do I Withdraw From Lessons?
To withdraw from lessons, you must give 30 days advance notice by filling out our online exit form. This is the only way to withdraw. Contact your teacher and they will provide you with the form. If you purchased a Lesson Pack, you do not need to withdraw.
Q. If I withdraw, can you guarantee my teacher or time will be available when I return?
When you withdraw from lessons, you time is made available for other students. We will do our best to work with your preferences, but we cannot guarantee a specific time or teacher.
Q. Do You Offer Refunds for Missed Lessons?
Musicologie cannot offer refunds for any missed or unused lessons.